Financial and strategic consulting – business management strategies
By creating a business management strategies you have an impact on long-term survival of the organization. In order to operate well in this multidisciplinary field, it is necessary to have broad and detailed vision and the ability to formulate conclusions based on extremely diverse range of factors.
Management of company’s finance requires adaptation to current customer needs, real and prospective assessment of its possible development and preparation of a strategy aimed at achieving the desired objectives. Management consulting firm, realizing this type of task, must be able to operate at many levels of the organization, including developing a market and financial goals, understanding the marketing aspects of customer activity and skillfully manage the communication strategy of the company to its employees, in coordination with the department responsible for this aspect. Only a person with years of experience at a sufficiently high position perfectly familiar with corporate realities, can successfully provide this type of counseling. Financial management of a company starts with the preparation of a comprehensive audit covering equity, fixed, rotary (and all liabilities) and ends up making the balance sheet valuation economic entity. Then, using appropriate, complex tools such as TQM or Six Sigma, short- and long-term decisions are made.
Business management strategies in the era of market saturation, the threat of deflation and a rapidly changing business climate is an investment that will surely pay for itself.
Curriculum Vitae – Sławomir Horbaczewski
- Nationality: Polish
- Age: 50 years
- Birth-place: Bydgoszcz
- Parents: Zygmunt, Barbara
Independent freelance consultancy work for Management Boards in the area of corporate governance, general management, finance and business development.
February 2003 – November 2003: Bond & Stein Poland Ltd.
Management Board Deputy President
Organisation and work commencement of the new limited liability company in the area of financial services, arrangement of financing for the company and acquisition of the first clients.
November 2000 – February 2003: Dr Witt S.A. Piaseczno
Until December 2002 Management Board President, CEO
Achieving 30% sales increase due to increased market share, introducing of the three new product lines, executing company restructurisation, bringing into effect the agreements between the main shareholder of the company and BRE Bank S.A. (concluding the 1999 conflict) and again between the main shareholder of the company and another shareholder (concluding the conflict threatening the company existence), attracting the growing investors interest in the company.
June 1999 – April 2000: Invest Bank S.A. Poznań
Management Board Deputy President, acting President & CEO
Executing of the bank’s shareholders change, kicking-off the balance-sheet restructurisation, introducing of the sales-oriented strategy.
August 1997 – June 1999: Bank Energetyki S.A. Radom
Management Board President, CEO
Fitting the bank for the merger with BISE S.A., introducing of the sales-oriented strategy’s instruments, introducing of the new products into the bank’s offer (payment cards, quantity payments operating system, financial advisory services).
September 1991 – September 1997: Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A.
Capital Markets Center Managing Director, before that deputy managing director of a branch, adviser and expert in the bank headquarters
Attaining the leading position at the Warsaw Stock Exchange, challenging the others leading position at the IPO and custody services markets (in all the preceding cases having started from the scratch, with any previous experiences nor procedures), the faultless technics of the execution of the privatisation of Bank Handlowy w Warszawie S.A., the faultless keeping the stock-broking accounts for Ministry Ownership Transformation (Ministry of Privatisation), and consequently Ministry of Treasury, arrangement of financing for clients.
September 1990 – August 1991: Wielkopolski Bank Kredytowy S.A. Poznań
Subbranch Managing Director (reported to the Managing Director of the second Poznań Branch)
Organisation of the new subbranch and work commencement with more than forty people of the operational staff.
September 1989 – September 1990: Targ – Pol S.A. Poznań
Chief Financial & Administration Officer
Organisation and work commencement of the new joint-stock company in the area of wholesale trading and distribution.
August 1988 – September 1989: Elektromis S.A. Poznań
Independent trading broker in the trading department
Wholesale trading and distribution to the retail outlets (elektrotechnics and household commodities).
October 1986 – August 1988: Poznan First Group of Construction High Schools
Deputy Managing Director, Chief Financial & Administration Officer, before that Economic & Administration Manager
Responsible for all sorts of administrative, economic and financial matters of the high schools group, supervising all administrative, economic and financial personnel.
- 1984 – 1989: Poznan Adam Mickiewicz University, Faculty of Law and Administration (Master’s degree in Law)
- 1991 – 1992: Warsaw University (Postgraduate Studies in European Communities Financial Policy)
- 1998 – 1999: Warsaw Institute of Technology (Postgraduate Studies in Power Engineering Industry)
- 2011 – 2013: Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Economic Sciences (PhD postgraduate doctoral studies in economics)
- 1991 – 1992: IFG (French Institute of Management) in Warsaw and Paris,
- 1992: professional trainings in Creditanstalt in Wien and Lloyds Bank TSB plc in London,
- 1995: New Your Institute of Finance,
- 1996: Cambridge Summer School.
- 1999 – 2002: Belchatów S.A. Power Plant (the biggest coal power plant in Europe) – Supervisory Board Chairman
- 1996 – 1998: Lubiana S.A. Table – Porcelain Works (the biggest table – porcelain works in that part of Europe) – Supervisory Board Deputy Chairman
- 1996 – 1998: Telekomunikacja Polska S.A. Experts Group Member (restructurisation and commercialisation of the state-owned former telecom monopoly)
- 1992 – 1996: Lubiana S.A. Table – Porcelain Works – Supervisory Board Chairman
- 1992 – 1995: Wistil S.A. Silk Industries – Supervisory Board Member
- English (Cambridge Certificate in Proficiency)
- Business English Certificate (Warsaw University International Postgraduate Management Center)
- English (Cambridge First Certificate)
- State Examination in English (CAE) 1985
- 1981 – 1982: Schoolboys Self – Goverment Chairman in The Eighth Adam Mickiewicz Secondary School in Poznan
- 1984: Olympiad of Knowledge of Poland & Modern World Prize Winner
- 2002: The Silver Medal of Polish Business Club for the achievements in managing of Dr Witt S.A.